Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Blame Game and the Enabler

Well, it is going to be a very difficult day for me today; my wife had to go to work very early and did not have time to prepare coffee and breakfast for me this morning. I hate days that start this way, usually it leads to not having lunch because my wife have to work during those hours so she does not have time to come home and prepare me something to eat. No doubt dinner will be delayed too, I am sure she will be coming home tired and would want to rest before cleaning last night dishes and preparing a nice dinner, but I suppose being patient with her is the least that I could do. I better call her before I forget and ask her to stop by the fish market, I feel like eating lobster, and the wine store, I don’t think the bottle I just opened is going to last all day.

It is not my fault that I am so lazy. I was abused when I was a child and an alcoholic all my life. I remember seeing my mother’s breast before I was one year old. I went swimming naked at a water-hole in my grand-fathers ranch with my older brothers, cousins, and uncles and I am sure I must have seen my father naked otherwise how could I be abused? The local priest, father Avila, patted my head and hugged my shoulders when he came to visit our family home, little did I know that he was sexually abusing me when he did that. Of course, by the time I reached the age of 7, all that abuse led me into drinking beer during school recess. I became popular with my teachers, when I reached the fifth grade we were polishing a fifth of tequila on Friday after school at Mrs. Villa’s home – she was a lonely old widow but a very good teacher on matters not usually part of the school curriculum.

But now I am in the process of recovery. I have realized my state of laziness was not caused by me but by forces outside my control. I have asked my friends and family for understanding, to forgive me if I don’t get up when I ask them to do something for me – pass me a beer and chips, the TV-guide, etc. I have found the Lord our Creator and speak with him on a daily basis. He is showing me the way of redemption, all I have to do is ask him for forgiveness before I die so I don’t have to do it every Sunday like most of my Christian friends do. I have a cousin that is born-again Christian and constantly preaches the rapture and how the Lord will take the chosen ones and leave the others behind, so I asked the Lord about it. “Trust me” He said “I will be taking you with me soon enough and leave your young cousin and a lot of other people behind”. With that I feel at peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Chandler said...

Too damn funny!

I guess we'll have to keep digging until we get to the bottom of this.

The one who was recently caught abusing young kids denies responsibility and blames his abuser. That abuser, in turn, denies responsibility and blames HIS abuser. And so on and so on. Eventually we'll find that original abuser and everyone can go home satisfied that justice has been served.

2:40 PM  
Blogger juliette said...

So glad to see you back in business in cyberspace, Dad. I'm not sure what was going on with your blog in that e-mail you sent me -- it all looks normal to me. All the usual colors, fonts and biting commentary. Miss you!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home